Sunday, 20 May 2012
Then it was time for the bipedal project. I really enjoyed doing this. But it is a long story, so I'll just start with some pictures of how my concept evolved. We had to do a bipedal character, concept, marquette, modelling and UV's - if we had the time it was going to be the first time we did stuff in mudbox. I didn't really get there, but more of that later. First: We had Gabor Steisinger during the developement of the concept. I was in a strange mood during the first days and so I developed the character of a 1600th century nobility child who was in a fatal accident but "survived" due to alchemy and prostetics, became a alcehmist villain - she couldn't grow up, was fitted with metal pieces and a huge artificial arm, due to loosing the real one in the accident and basically she wanted to be grown up, superhuman and immortal. So she was in to the philosophers stone alchemy. And didn't compromize at all to get what she wanted, having an army of minions and followers in a secret society. My first sketches, after I knew what kind of character I wanted, but not the gender and age etc:
Two layouts I did during this week. The first is an alternative shot from Totoro, the other one from Batman, animated show. There was some After Effects animatics involved, but due to my lack of knowledge of this program at the time it turned out so horrid that I will just spare the world the sight...
Monday, 14 May 2012
The objective of this assignment was to get better with colors. We painted with acrylic colors on small pieces of cardboard to get the overall view. We were not supposed to do finished pieces. I have included some text on the sketches to explain the way I worked with this.